Back to all reports

One way street

Reported via desktop in the Road markings and lining category by Cllr Pat Hamill at 10:42, Tuesday 2 February 2021

Sent to Central Bedfordshire Council less than a minute later. Council ref: 350589.

Due to the high levels of parking on one side of the road and parking on pavements this road requires a one system starting from the Blackthorn Road/Recreation Road Junction, travelling towards Sundon Road. The issue has been going on for around 18 months when first reported to Cllr Ian Dalgarno.

RSS feed of updates to this problem Receive email when updates are left on this problem.


  • State changed to: Investigating

    Updated by Central Bedfordshire Council at 10:42, Tuesday 2 February 2021

  • State changed to: Open

    Updated by Central Bedfordshire Council at 14:22, Thursday 22 April 2021

  • Scheme requests for inclusion on the capital annual plan of highway works are considered on a number of Local Transport Plan objectives- road safety, active travel being ones. Requests adjustments to be made due to parking pressures, which this ultimately relates to due to too many cars per household, do not feature high enough when competing against other requests.
    Often formalising parking and adjusting the highway layout leads to a reduction in kerb side space.
    Residents who have the ability to convert their property frontage and currently do not have a dropped kerb or off street parking could create some. This will ultimately reduce the numbers of cars parked on street. This option should be explored by residents in the first instance and details are provided on the CBC website. info/ 56/ request_a_dropped_kerb_h_bar_or_skip_permit/ 589/ dropped_kerb_-_applications_conditions_and_limitations

    Installing one way systems on ocasion has the potential to increase traffic speeds as drivers are aware they will not encounter on coming traffic and so results i an incrase of speeds.

    Posted by Central Bedfordshire Council at 14:16, Friday 30 April 2021

Only the original reporter may leave updates. If you made the original report please log in to leave an update.